Protect Your Eyes From Glaucoma
Glaucoma is a group of eye diseases that cause progressive damage to your optic nerve, and this damage can lead to vision loss that cannot be recovered. This condition is often called “the silent thief of sight” because it develops slowly, and may present with no warning symptoms.
At Pacific View Eyecare Center, our experienced optometrists use advanced diagnostic technology to detect glaucoma in its earliest stages. Your comprehensive eye exam is crucial to total eye health, as we screen for common eye disease in every routine exam.
Contact us today for more information on how to protect your vision from the effects of glaucoma.
The Silent Thief of Sight
There are several types of glaucoma, many of which present without early signs or symptoms. This disease can be associated with high intraocular pressure (IOP), but glaucoma can occur even when your IOP is within normal limits.
- Normal-tension glaucoma: This type damages the optic nerve without affecting your IOP levels.
- Open-angle glaucoma: This type often occurs when the drainage canal between your iris and pupil remains open, but fluid isn’t draining correctly to maintain stable IOP.
- Closed-angle glaucoma: This type occurs when the drainage angle between your iris and pupil closes, causing a rapid increase in IOP levels.
Acute angle-closure glaucoma is considered an eye emergency and requires immediate medical attention to prevent vision loss. Contact our team right away if you experience these symptoms:
- Sudden and severe headaches
- Eye pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision
- “Halos” around lights
- Redness in your eyes
Compassionate Treatment & Management
If you receive a glaucoma diagnosis, you can maintain strong, healthy vision by undergoing regular eye exams and carefully managing your condition. Pacific View Eyecare Center is here to help you live your day-to-day life to the fullest.
We genuinely care for our patients’ eyesight and want to ensure that their visual health is protected. If you have questions about glaucoma or would like to schedule an eye exam, contact our team today!
Come See What We’re About
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed